Open Door Church is committed to reaching Northeastern North Carolina and with the good news of Jesus Christ. We are an independent, non-affiliated fellowship with a love of Jesus that connects us to a larger purpose in life.
Loving God through Worship
A great starting point is to join us on Sunday mornings. You will not only meet others but encounter the real and living God.
Learning about God through Discipleship
Discipleship training takes place throughout the week as we meet for Bible studies, small groups and special events
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; in His Virgin Birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles; in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
- We believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we hold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of Communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.