Over the past 10 years, Open Door Church has been committed to serving two primary groups in our community: children and those in need.
The time is now to invest in the future.
- Our Edenton campus is involved in aggressive debt reduction.
- Our Bertie campus needs to build a dedicated children’s area.
- We have purchased a building adjacent to our Edenton campus which we are converting into a daycare and community outreach center.
- We have committed ourselves to the poor and orphaned in Moldova and India multiply daily, providing orphanages, churches and transition homes to the most vulnerable of society.
We need to rise to the challenge to reach countless people with the Good News of Jesus – in North Carolina and across the world.
Open Door Church recently purchased the former Alexander Electric Building, which is just around the corner from our Edenton Campus on Hwy 17. After a complete renovation, we will turn it into a daycare and outreach center, which will not only provide quality child care, but much needed jobs in our community.
How will this work?
February 4th is commitment Sunday, where our church commits individually and corporately to invest in the mission we have been called to achieve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Freedom to Serve will allow us to fulfill the vision of Open Door Church to serve our region and world, especially children and those who are underserved.
Freedom to Serve will allow us to capitalize on the the opportunities that God has given us including our new building adjacent to our Edenton campus, and expanding our Bertie campus. It will also allow us to reduce our debt and increase our ability to serve in the future.
The Freedom to Serve campaign will last for three years.
Money raised from the Freedom to Serve Campaign will be spent on:
- Acquiring and building a permanent facility for our Bertie campus,
- Construction on the Alexander property to make it useable as a daycare/pre-school and outreach center,
- Acquire a new church van,
- Reduce debt on the children’s facility,
- Building a new transition home in Moldova
- Improving the Open Door Mercy Home in India.
We currently owe $1.4 million. Each month we spend over $9,000 to finance this debt.
The future daycare/outreach center will be funded first along with money being set aside for opportunities at the Bertie campus. Debt will be retired monthly with lump sum payments made every six months.
Freedom to Serve is a call to give above and beyond your regular tithes and offerings. Those gifts must continue to be used to sustain the day-to-day work of Open Door. Freedom to Serve funds will be directed to the specifically named projects and goals only.
There will be an opportunity for all of us to participate beginning February 4. You will be able to give through the general offering or online with bank draft or your credit/debit card.
Freedom to Serve will be an opportunity for each of us to commit to giving over and above our tithes and offerings (your pledge) to accomplish the mission set before us. Some will choose to give weekly or monthly while others will choose to make annual or one-time gifts. By using the pledge system, Open Door will provide you with regular updates on the overall progress toward your pledge as well your cumulative giving.
We will have question and answer time with Pastor Stephen at the Edenton Campus before the 9AM service on January 21st and 28th, as well as after the 10:45AM service on January 21st and 28th. Pastor Jay will be visiting Life Groups at the Bertie Campus in January, as well as doing an informal question/answer time after Sunday services. Everyone is also invited – questions or not – to Pizza with the Pastor and our Hymn Night, which will not only include time to ask Pastor Stephen questions, but a fun time with your church family!
Each of us needs to ask ourselves the following questions:
- How is God calling me to participate?
- Which area of the vision do I feel called to specifically partner?
- How will I make this a financial priority?
For more information on Freedom to Serve, to fill out an online commitment card or see what events are happening connected with the campaign, you can visit. www.visitopendoor.info/freedomtoserve.