Welcome to Open Door Church
Our church family would love to welcome you to Open Door this week! We are an independent, non-affiliated fellowship of open and friendly believers whose lives are being transformed by Jesus Christ. Our passion is: Loving God through Worship. Learning about God through Discipleship. Leading the world to God through Service.
Loving God through Worship
When you visit Open Door Church you can expect a contemporary worship service that includes a live band that plays upbeat, modern praise and worship music. Our atmosphere and dress are casual; our messages are Bible based and speak to meaningful, relevant topics. We have programs for students of all ages. All of these things come together to create a place where you can come and surrender yourself in true worship.
Learning about God through Discipleship
We believe that we must continually grow towards becoming more like Christ and teaching others to do the same. When we take the responsibility for helping others grow, it automatically takes our own relationship with Christ to a new level. We want to follow God’s intentional, simple plan for spreading the gospel and maintain our focus on preparing Christians to go out into the world rather than depend on the world coming to us. Discipleship training takes place multiple times every week in multiple locations as our members share, show, and teach
the Word of God and serve a world in need of a Savior.
Leading the World to God through Service
At Open Door, we take service very seriously. We encourage all who attend to be involved. We host several church-wide and smaller Life Group events throughout the year that push us to action in the community. Our desire is to demonstrate the love of God through selfless acts of service so that we may have the opportunity to share the message of Christ to the world.
Statement of Faith
1) We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
2) We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; in His Virgin Birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles; in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal return in power and glory.
4) We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
5) We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
6) We believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we hold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of Communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.